Fusion StereoActive Watersports Stereo
● The StereoActive from Fusion is a purpose-built, portable watersports stereo that meets the needs of boaters head-on.
● StereoActive offers Bluetooth audio streaming, AM/FM radio with weatherband, and USB audio playback. A waterproof cavity will protect a low-profile USB flash drive, while Apple lightning devices and AOA 2.0 Android phones can plug in as well. Audio is crystal clear, according to Fusion.
● The device is waterproof to IPx7 and floats if dropped overboard. It has a mounting system called Puck-It that will allow users to affix it to a standup paddleboard, kayak, or cockpit covering board.
● The rubber over molded keypad scalloped buttons look to be large and easy to use with wet hands. A compatible Garmin smartwatch can also operate volume, track, and source controls, a clear benefit of Fusion’s corporate ownership.
● Fusion simultaneously introduced ActiveSafe ($99; not shown), a waterproof vault to store wallets and smartphones that users can affix to StereoActive and the Puck-It mounting system.
Benefit Analysis: Fusion has long exhibited an understanding of how boaters enjoy their media on board, and StereoActive is no different.
This article originally appeared in the October 2016 issue of Power & Motoryacht magazine.