Safety features include six watertight compartments, massive grounding shoes, four separate bilge/fire pump systems, and a reinforced steel band around the waterline. Optionally, Cape Scott will add a second skin to the hull—with painted interstitial voids.
We sent Capt. Bill Pike to Vietnam to take a look at a boatbuilding operation there that you’ll need to see to believe. Click here for the full story. ▶
Brokerage Listings Powered by BoatQuest.com
Click to see listings of Cape Scott Yachts currently for sale on BoatQuest.com. ➤
- Builder: Cape Scott
- Model: Cape Scott 81
- Base Price: Upon request
- Test Engines: 2/330-hp Cummins QSL9 HD diesels
- LOA: 81'0"
- Draft: 6'7" (light ship)
- Displacement: 238,100 lb.
- Fuel Capacity: 4,200 gal.
- Water Capacity: 700 gal.
- Props: 4-blade Nibral
- Transmission: ZF W325/3.95:1 ratio
- LWL: 75'1"
- Air Draft: 28'1"
- Black Water: 150 gal.
- Gray Water: 130 gal.
- Freeboard Fwd: 11'11"
- Freeboard Aft: 6'3"
- Construction: steel hull/aluminum superstructure
- Warranty: 1 year materials and workmanship; 3 year structural
This article originally appeared in the February 2015 issue of Power & Motoryacht magazine.