Having a Blast in Bimini
The PMY Rendezvous went off without a hitch.
The inaugural PMY Rendezvous recently made quite a splash in Bimini this past Fourth of July weekend with about 100 guests and 30 boats filling up the slips and luxury condominiums at Bimini Sands Resort & Marina, a co-sponsor of the event. Gourmet meals and fun activities were planned throughout the sun-drenched weekend as PMY readers, business partners, and fans celebrated our nation’s birthday out on the water. Here are some highlights:
- A cocktail competition among our readers that saw 12 different entries competing for the title of Official Cocktail of PMY Magazine. John and Charlene MacDonald took that honor with their distinctly delicious concoction the Vix-a-Rita.
- The paradisal Honeymoon Harbor, a small cay off of Bimini, played host to a day-time party complete with plenty of anchored yachts, cold beer, and, of course, numerous people-friendly stingrays swimming in the shallows waiting for a bite to eat.
- Toga! Toga! Toga! PMY hosted a red, white, and blue toga party that brought out the patriotic party animal in everyone. Not content to be swaddled in just any old bed sheet, many partygoers brought their own intricate costumes over from the mainland. It was a sight to behold for sure!
- There was a fireworks show for the ages to celebrate the holiday, with sufficient “ooooohs” and “ahhhhhs” to keep the crowd dazzled. Watch out for those floating fireworks though, they came a little too close for comfort to some of the boats!
- Delicious nightly dinners were supplied by the resort. The island-spiced seafood and pineapple upside down cake were particular crowd pleasers.
Many thanks to our additional partners Vicem Yachts, Allied Marine, Sundance Marine, and Marina Life for helping us put on a rendezvous that won’t soon be forgotten. Keep your eyes peeled for information on next year’s party. If it’s anything like 2011, you won’t want to miss it!
This article originally appeared in the July 2011 issue of Power & Motoryacht magazine.