#91: SHEMARA— 212'0"
Like many old yachts, during WW II this one was given over to the war effort (in her case, in England) and used as an antisubmarine training vessel. Since 1968 she's belonged to Harry Hyams, a property developer in the UK, who reportedly purchased her for a few hundred thousand dollars. A thorough restoration was anticipated two years ago, but thus far no reports have the yacht sighted anywhere but at the dock where she's been kept for decades.
Y: 1938; B: J.J. Thornycroft & Co., England; N: builder; H: steel; E: 2/960-hp Atlases
This article originally appeared in the August 2008 issue of Power & Motoryacht magazine.