Alyssa Haak Blog
After a successful Miami boat show that saw the sale of a number of Sanlorenzos, the shipyard has been busy finishing and launching a few more yachts.
There was Lady Kathleen last month. And now March brings Bubu Forever. (And yes, it is pronounced like Yogi's little buddy.)Read Post
It seems every week I am getting another announcement of a Heesen launch or contract signed. It's great news.
This past week they launched the 50-meter (164-foot) Satori, which is the enlightenment that is the first step to Nirvana in the Zen Buddhist tradition. At just under 500 gross tons, she has a top speed of 24 knots (27.6 mph), which will make it easy to marina-hop.Read Post
The Super Bowl's crowd favorite commercial seems to be the VW Darth Vader commercial. An adorable commercial no doubt, but not the one that got me to sit up and go, "Did you see that?! That was A!" (What can I say? I like my job.)
At this point, I had been strangely quiet as I was at a Steelers-centric party as my good friend suggested it would be wise of me to keep my Packers cheering to a minimum.Read Post
Part of the joy of moving to a new area is that it opens up new places to discover.
I grew up in Wisconsin, so if you want a great burger in Door County, give me a shout. (But I'll give you a hint.) Now I have the entire Eastern Seaboard to explore. I've been fortunate to see the Eastern Shore of Virginia and the Lowcountry, but I haven't been to much of the area a bit closer to New York City.Read Post
Panbo Marine Electronics Hub
• Gizmo's awning AC and Muvman sit-stand stool ➤• Simrad RS35 VHF & HS35 wireless handset, testing pretty well ➤• Navionics SonarCharts, now via SonarPhone or GPX file, plus the Lowrance autopilot ➤• Inmarsat iSatPhone 2, a solid satphone but here come Globalstar Sat-Fi & Iridium GO ➤• Marinebeam: Ultra Long Range LED flashlight tested, MarineKinetix wind turbine admired ➤• "21st Century Waterways" -- have your say about the Future of Navigation in the USA ➤• Gizmo 2014, glass bridge shakedown cruising #1 ➤
• Garmin Software Update Adds Fishfinder Functionality ➤
• Under 90 But Still HOT: Horizon E88 ➤
• Goodbye Split Controls...And Good Riddance ➤
• Talk About A Sweet Boat ➤
• New Boats Notebook - July 2014 ➤
• No Man Left Behind ➤
• Fourth of July Celebrations ➤
• Hodgdon Expands Service Division ➤
• The Curious Shop Rag ➤
• How Much Did That Cost Me? ➤
Search Boats For Sale
Brokerage Listings Powered by BoatQuest.com