Alyssa Haak Blog
After a successful Miami boat show that saw the sale of a number of Sanlorenzos, the shipyard has been busy finishing and launching a few more yachts.
There was Lady Kathleen last month. And now March brings Bubu Forever. (And yes, it is pronounced like Yogi's little buddy.)Read Post
It seems every week I am getting another announcement of a Heesen launch or contract signed. It's great news.
This past week they launched the 50-meter (164-foot) Satori, which is the enlightenment that is the first step to Nirvana in the Zen Buddhist tradition. At just under 500 gross tons, she has a top speed of 24 knots (27.6 mph), which will make it easy to marina-hop.Read Post
The Super Bowl's crowd favorite commercial seems to be the VW Darth Vader commercial. An adorable commercial no doubt, but not the one that got me to sit up and go, "Did you see that?! That was A!" (What can I say? I like my job.)
At this point, I had been strangely quiet as I was at a Steelers-centric party as my good friend suggested it would be wise of me to keep my Packers cheering to a minimum.Read Post
Part of the joy of moving to a new area is that it opens up new places to discover.
I grew up in Wisconsin, so if you want a great burger in Door County, give me a shout. (But I'll give you a hint.) Now I have the entire Eastern Seaboard to explore. I've been fortunate to see the Eastern Shore of Virginia and the Lowcountry, but I haven't been to much of the area a bit closer to New York City.Read Post
The way you handle your lines on your boat says a lot about the kind of boater you are. Learn these techniques and knots and you’ll be showing the ropes to your crew and dockmates in short order. Learn the right way to manage lines and tie knots here (including demonstration videos!). ▶
|Gotta Get This Gear||Navetta 28||Tested: Hunt 32CC||A Presidential Yacht?|
Panbo Marine Electronics Hub
• NMEA Conference 2015, back-to-back good times with the Big Four ➤• Raymarine LightHouse 14 sailing features, as good as they look? ➤• MFD engine alarming improves, but still needs more Maretron-ization ➤• One LED flare replaces U.S. required pyros, Sirius Signal but not Ocean Signal ➤• On The Water ICW ChartGuides, more great work from Mark & Diana Doyle ➤• Calypso Cups Bluetooth LE wind sensor, TDWLB pressure too ➤• Furuno NavNet TZ Touch 2, First Impressions on the Water ➤
• New Electronics Exclusive: Radar for the Rest of Us ➤
• Giving Erika the Eye in the BVI ➤
• The BTB Mako Rodeo Is Coming in Hot ➤
• “It’s Always Nice to Have a Boat” ➤
• Big Box vs. Big Water ➤
• A Curmudgeon’s Cynical Look at Digital Boating ➤
SELECT BROKERAGE ADS
Search Boats For Sale
Brokerage Listings Powered by BoatQuest.com