Alyssa Haak Blog
After a successful Miami boat show that saw the sale of a number of Sanlorenzos, the shipyard has been busy finishing and launching a few more yachts.
There was Lady Kathleen last month. And now March brings Bubu Forever. (And yes, it is pronounced like Yogi's little buddy.)Read Post
It seems every week I am getting another announcement of a Heesen launch or contract signed. It's great news.
This past week they launched the 50-meter (164-foot) Satori, which is the enlightenment that is the first step to Nirvana in the Zen Buddhist tradition. At just under 500 gross tons, she has a top speed of 24 knots (27.6 mph), which will make it easy to marina-hop.Read Post
The Super Bowl's crowd favorite commercial seems to be the VW Darth Vader commercial. An adorable commercial no doubt, but not the one that got me to sit up and go, "Did you see that?! That was A!" (What can I say? I like my job.)
At this point, I had been strangely quiet as I was at a Steelers-centric party as my good friend suggested it would be wise of me to keep my Packers cheering to a minimum.Read Post
Part of the joy of moving to a new area is that it opens up new places to discover.
I grew up in Wisconsin, so if you want a great burger in Door County, give me a shout. (But I'll give you a hint.) Now I have the entire Eastern Seaboard to explore. I've been fortunate to see the Eastern Shore of Virginia and the Lowcountry, but I haven't been to much of the area a bit closer to New York City.Read Post
The fall boat shows offer a great way to keep up with the latest product developments from your favorite boatbuilders, equipment manufacturers, electronics makers, and more. But we get it—you can’t be everywhere. Even if you attend the show you’re going to miss a thing or two. Maybe you saw some of these launches, gear and equipment, and events: Have a look here. ▶
|Quiet and Comfortable: The Custom Line Navetta 28||Down to the Details on the MJM 50z||Hunt 80||The Coast Guard in Iraq|
Panbo Marine Electronics Hub
• Sailing @ METS 2015: Anemomind, Astra, LCJ Capteurs, Garmin, Harken & Edson ➤• FLIBS 2015: Telemar superyacht helm, Hatteland 55-inch Chart Table, and Triton luxury submarines ➤• Seapilot Vector Compact GNSS Compass, sweet deal that usually works well ➤• Garmin 2016: Quickdraw sonar charting, smaller Panoptix, Striker, and lots of CHIRP ➤• TBF: FLIBS, dAISy, YDVR, G-Metrix OBD2, and DAME nominees ➤• iKommunicate from Digital Yacht, Signal K gets kickstarted ➤• TBF: NV Cuba, YB3 free, Furuno GP1x70F steals, BT VHF, and Sailing A ➤
• New Electronics Exclusive: Radar for the Rest of Us ➤
• Giving Erika the Eye in the BVI ➤
• The BTB Mako Rodeo Is Coming in Hot ➤
• “It’s Always Nice to Have a Boat” ➤
SELECT BROKERAGE ADS
Search Boats For Sale
Brokerage Listings Powered by BoatQuest.com