Alyssa Haak Blog
After a successful Miami boat show that saw the sale of a number of Sanlorenzos, the shipyard has been busy finishing and launching a few more yachts.
There was Lady Kathleen last month. And now March brings Bubu Forever. (And yes, it is pronounced like Yogi's little buddy.)Read Post
It seems every week I am getting another announcement of a Heesen launch or contract signed. It's great news.
This past week they launched the 50-meter (164-foot) Satori, which is the enlightenment that is the first step to Nirvana in the Zen Buddhist tradition. At just under 500 gross tons, she has a top speed of 24 knots (27.6 mph), which will make it easy to marina-hop.Read Post
The Super Bowl's crowd favorite commercial seems to be the VW Darth Vader commercial. An adorable commercial no doubt, but not the one that got me to sit up and go, "Did you see that?! That was A!" (What can I say? I like my job.)
At this point, I had been strangely quiet as I was at a Steelers-centric party as my good friend suggested it would be wise of me to keep my Packers cheering to a minimum.Read Post
Part of the joy of moving to a new area is that it opens up new places to discover.
I grew up in Wisconsin, so if you want a great burger in Door County, give me a shout. (But I'll give you a hint.) Now I have the entire Eastern Seaboard to explore. I've been fortunate to see the Eastern Shore of Virginia and the Lowcountry, but I haven't been to much of the area a bit closer to New York City.Read Post
We’re just putting the finishing touches on our list of the World’s 100 Largest Yachts and we thought we’d give you a sneak peek. Don’t get too excited, since you’ll have to wait for the August issue to see the whole thing. Take a look back, and get a glimpse of what’s coming in the next issue here. ▶
|Fish Stories||Tested: Prestige 420||Numarine 70 Flybridge||Austin Parker 64 Fly S|
Panbo Marine Electronics Hub
• SOTDMA Class B AIS, the "new" middle way? ➤• Coastal Marine WiFi, a winner! ➤• Coastal Explorer PC charting revisited, with love to WPx ➤• The paper chart, still the best? ➤• Testing Lithium Ion engine jumpers (plus), from Weego and Cyntur ➤• Volvo Ocean 65, powered by Mastervolt Li Ion ➤• NMEA okays Signal K, a milestone in marine electronics? ➤
• Following Dreams: Rossinavi Expedition Yacht ➤
• Why an Explorer yacht? Why not? ➤
• “It’s Always Nice to Have a Boat” ➤
• It’s a Small World After All ➤
• Cupid Does Not Approve of The Miami Boat Show ➤
• Blazing Saddles ➤
SELECT BROKERAGE ADS
Search Boats For Sale
Brokerage Listings Powered by BoatQuest.com